View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
The NYT has always relied upon inspiring a sense of elitism in its readers rather than putting out a good product.
The brief OP opinion piece is not part of the product they sell, at least not the printed one.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Tells us where the NYT stands these days, huh?
(Those *are* the same guys who think Jennifer Lawrence is too fat to play an athletic backwoods huntress.)
I read the New York Times Latest News Blog at least twice a day -- essentially all the front page stories, and a smattering of the rest, and I never heard of Jennifer Lawrence. Without googling, am I right to guess that there was an entertainment review you didn't agree with? And you think this was a group effort? And the group represents some official view of the newspaper?

It seems to me that attacking one of maybe two US papers that does a decent job of original foreign news reporting, on the basis of a few scattered opinion articles, is as preposterous as, oh, attacking adults who read YA fiction because you don't like Harry Potter.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote