Thread: Scary readers
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #37
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, or you meant something else:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, or you meant something else:

So if you wanted to, you'd be able to read 3650 books a year.

Or did you maybe mean 10-12 books a *week* in winter? (Which is still a lot, nonetheless.)

So if you wanted to, you'd be able to read 3650 books a year.

Or did you maybe mean 10-12 books a *week* in winter? (Which is still a lot, nonetheless.)

My apologies, I meant 10-12 books a week and had typed in 1-2 books a day as my average winter reading and edited it badly.

I doubt I could read more than 5 books a day, and that is being optimistic, without becoming more seriously deranged than I already am and even 5 would be a chore not an enjoyable pastime.

A 1000 books a year, or 3 books a day, seems daunting but I have no doubt that there are more than a few who do it regularly. Easier for me to envisage than a second reading of War and Peace, which I hear some have done or even a first reading of the appendices of Lord of the Rings. I am almost sure I could read an appendix from start to finish if the incentive was high enough, but anyone doing it voluntarily kind of flummoxes me.

Feel free to think of me as abnormal and or untruthful as you wish, because I sure as hell am an incompetent post editor

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote