View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
KF vs. KF HD vs. KF HD 8.9 for PDF textbooks?

I can barely manage technical textbook .pdf files on a e-ink Kindle (KK), but the size of the screen makes it not quite comfortable reading and as a result I don't read texts as much as I want to. I also don't want to accumulate any more big heavy text books that just suck up shelf space, so I'm thinking about a tablet. The books I want to read all appear to be available in .pdf format. There are diagrams but generally no really complex photos or illustrations.

Is anyone regularly reading technical textbook .pdf files on one of the KF units? Which one? Are you satisfied with the clarity, speed of rendering and scrolling on your unit? Why or why not?

Is a 7 inch KF HD good enough? Does the 8.9 KF have enough horsepower to handle .pdfs in HD resolution?
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote