View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:23 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
well, I see they are not precise, but what do you mean by "broken"?
I tried with a book and if i use "goto last page" and "goto page ..[number of total pages], it works well.
Try this experiment:

1. Go to the start of a book and page through it until you reach a recognisable point, eg the start of a chapter, counting the pages as you do so.

2. Go back to the start of the book and then do a "Goto Page" with the number from step 1. You'll find that it does NOT take you to the same point in the book. Even if the Gen3 displayed page numbers, you couldn't therefore use them to return to the same page in the book.

This bug exists in ALL versions of the MobiPocket Reader. "Goto page x" will always take you to the same point in the book, but it's a completely DIFFERENT point to the one that you get to by paging to "page x" a page at a time. In a long book, the two points can be hundreds of pages apart.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote