View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #52
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
EDIT: Just saw that you fixed the problem with a reboot. I wish I could figure out why that is necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to report the problem and to report the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoghGirl View Post
This morning I found that no books appear when I opened the app. I tryed adding a new book from Calibre and found the book in the main directory of the sdcard.
I was playing with the book format locations yesterday in an attempt to change it to the devices main memory rather than the sdcard so I must have accidentally changed something.
Changing the storage folder erases CC's database. You must resend the books. My guess is that you pressed OK at some point and actually changed the location.

As you noticed, we don't actually delete the books so you can recover them if necessary.
Quote:
I just uninstalled the app and then attempted to delete the Calibre Companion folder since the books were not showing up. However one file labeled S and another file with no name couldn't be erased(so the folder couldnt be erased).
CC doesn't drop random files into the books folder. My guess is that the "S" file etc are put there by your reader app. You might need to close this app before you can delete the files.
Quote:
I reinstalled CC. Now I cant connect to calibre. Any suggestions?
Some people that have had problems connecting after a reinstall have solved them by rebooting their device. We don't know where this problem comes from or why that helps, but it seems to. My guess is that Android is remembering something from the old install and is getting confused, but that is pure conjecture.

If rebooting your device doesn't solve your problem, then we need to find out if CC is actually attempting to connect to calibre. The easiest way to do this is to make a calibre debug log as described in the FAQ. Start calibre in debug mode, attempt to connect your device, have it fail, then close calibre.

Last edited by chaley; 08-22-2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Noticed OPs edit.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote