View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
dsana123
Nameless Being

Galaxy Note

Hi,

Thanks for the review. I'll also add my thoughts...

I upgraded to the Galaxy Note from an HTC Desire. Previous to the HTC Desire I had an ipod Touch 1G which was my first reading eBook reader. The step up from ipod Touch to HTC Desire was massive reading-wise due to the increased pixel density. The step up from HTC Desire to Galaxy Note was not as big compared with ipod Touch to HTC Desire, but still a worthy improvement.

I'm using larger text on the Galaxy Note compared with the HTC Desire, but due to the large size of the screen there is more text. The pixel density (285ppi) is higher than the HTC Desire (252ppi), so the text should be slightly sharper (although I don't notice much difference). Both devices have a pentile display but my eyes do not notice any issues with the pentile display in either device.

The size of the Galaxy Note may be a deterrent to some, but it fits comfortable into trousers.

I am also a comic book reader, and the large screen means no more panning when reading pages --- you can read a single page without needing to zoom in and moving the page.

@l..k --- Android multitasking: upon pressing the home button the Android app has the responsibility of saving its internal state. If an app isn't doing that then it's probably coded up incorrectly.