View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I realize that all of your friends must be telling you this belatedly, too, now that the calamity has already happened, but . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by halipleumon View Post
In a way the option of a removable memory is nice, but I'm unsure as to whether this would protect notes/collections made.
You have the ability to back up your notes every time you connect your PRS-350 to your computer.

My question is whether your notes existed in a form that could have been used without your PRS. Even if you back up your work on your Reader, from this point on, you should always make certain your notes can be viewed and edited on computer.

For that reason, I tend to enter and save the few notes I take on my Reader as plain text. I back them up regularly by drag and drop.

None of this helps you now, of course, which is awful and I feel for you. But important routines are sometimes learned in awful circumstances.

The other thing you could do is take notes on your smartphone instead (if you have one) and set up a weekly calendar reminder to send all your notes to your gmail account as attached files. So far, it has been easy for me to read my 350 with one hand and take notes on my Epic with the other.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote