View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #14
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I got the same black screen with a cross-pointer at the center on boot up as kkttmm3 when there were several fonts on the CF card. This does not happen on the 1st reboot, but may happen on later reboots.

I fixed this by either removing the CF card and rebooting, or putting the CF card in a reader and renaming the fonts directory no-fonts (say). So for now, I think fonts on the CF card are at best flaky. I would also recommend against putting fonts on the internal memory (/mnt/free), since this can't be disabled like the CF card.

I did find out why FBReader could not see the fonts. It is redefining $HOME to the CF card and so does not see the .fonts.conf and .fonts.cache-1 files in /home/root.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote