View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I think that Intrepid is too old to run the binary installer. If intrepid was built from Debian Sarge or Lenny, then it certainly is.

At one point I tried to get calibre running on Lenny. I succeeded in getting the content server to run. My guess is that the GUI could have run after installing and configuring the rest of X, but I never tried it as my machine is headless. Some short documentation on what I did is here. Note that setting up a chrooted jail is not your run-of-the-mill configuration chore. If you are not comfortable with the command line and system administration, I suggest you don't attempt it.

However, all would be much easier if you upgraded.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote