View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:29 AM   #1
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Russian support on the 500? (fb2lrf?)

Can anyone help me out with figuring out support for Russian ebooks on the Sony Reader? (This will be for an *awesome* gift for the gf, who was born in Belarus and loves to read!) I saw a 505 for sale on eBay that has "support for Russian language" installed by the seller. The menus and a couple of displayed pages are shown in Cyrillic.

What is necessary to provide Russian fonts and support on the ereader? (not pdf files!) An older post here also mentions the fb2lrf converter. Some info for that is at http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/fb2lrf.html. Is that all I need to dl fb2-format Russian ebooks and convert them to lrf? Is there some other update needed to get Cyrillic characters in the menu item lists as well?

While I'm on this topic, does anyone know a site or source for free Russian books in fb2 format? (The gf loves old, classic stories, etc., so I imagine there will be some available free of copyright.) BTW, *I* don't read Russian (I speak just a bit, barely), so looking through some of the fb2 web pages has not been fruitful.

Thx.

Last edited by DrMoze; 11-29-2007 at 11:42 AM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote