View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #172
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugsly View Post
My previous point was that I wouldn't like to pay $10 for the one off priviledge of reading a book that I may or may not like.
Plenty of people do routinely do that kind of thing. Is it really any different to paying $10 to go and see a movie that you may or may not enjoy, or going to a restaurant for a meal that you may or may not like?

$10 is, in this country, less than half the cost of a cheap take-away pizza. I get far more enjoyment from an eBook than a do from a pizza, but I regard both forms of entertainment as equally "ephemeral".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote