View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #431
jlsturgeon
jlsturgeon began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 tablet
Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble getting this working on my Synology 411+ running DSM 4.0 and not sure what I've done wrong. I also tried skimming through this thread to see if I could find an answer on my own, but it's very long and a lot of it is too technical for me to follow. I do apologize in advance if this is a question already answered that I ought to have found. Any help would be appreciated!

I followed all the steps given on https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wiki/Howto---Synology
using the "if you want your Calibre directory inside your webroot" option as that seemed the simpler of the two. I also eventually remembered that I had to set up port forwarding for port 80 in my router configuration utility as I had not previously enabled WebStation and the EZ-Internet automatic configuration isn't supported on my router. My file structure within the "web" folder is single directory named "Calibre" containing two subdirectories named "cops-master" and "Data." The "Data" file contains all my folders with the books and the metadata file, and Calibre on my PC is now using it as its library with no problem.

I had a bit of difficulty figuring out how to edit the config_local.php file, per step 6, but finally downloaded it to my Windows desktop, edited it in notepad, saved it, and moved it back to the "cops-master" folder, overwriting the original. I also had a bit of difficulty following the instructions as to what the directory paths were and where in the config file they go; I don't know if this was partly because using Notepad, the file is very hard to read. I've never worked with php files before so I'm not really too familiar with the format. In any case, I changed both those values to './Calibre/Data/'.

As I said, I'm having no problem with Calibre itself using the library at that location. However, when I tried to add my library as a custom OPDS catalog in FBReader on my Nexus7 tablet, I tried it both as [hostname]/Calibre, using the hostname I have for Synology DDNS, and as [IPaddress]/Calibre, and either way FBReader returns a HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden error. Before I remembered to set up port forwarding for port 80, I was just getting request for username and password but authentication would repeatedly fail. If I leave off the /Calibre part and just put in my hostname or IP address, FBReader says "This is not an OPDS catalog."

What did I goof up that would make FBReader unable to access my library?
jlsturgeon is offline   Reply With Quote