View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #44
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
So, i fannly decided to try entodays method about restoring a good reader partition. For this, i had to update my reader to the latest version (1.0.05.11130). After doing this, i saw that the reader was no longer rooted, so i gave the dictionary a try and what do you know, it is fixed!

I tried restarting the reader, shutting it down, meking it go to sleep and all the other possible scenarios where people had their reader crash on them and mine works perfectly!

Despite all of this, i still tried to make a backup of my reader in order to restore it if the dictionary fails again (i have only been testing it for an hour or so) but i was not able to find Ubuntu Disks application inside my live usb drive ubuntu. I only found Ubuntu Disks, i could see the partitions inside the reader (showed up as PRX-xxx) but i never saw the two cogs where i was supposed to do the backup. Well at least now its working and i have entodays dictionary partition to try and solve this issue if it ever showd up again.

If you are still having this problem, try updating to the latests version. If you are already in the latests version, try to reinstall the firmware, i guess i saw a post about it somewhere. good luck everybody!
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote