View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@cybemole
When things like this happens, it is almost always a interaction with other programs or (security) settings. Check your anti-virus activity log

In this case, the temporary download file is not getting written out to the placeholder (named file). This (2 file) process is visible in firefox (XP set to show hidden files).
yes, chrome builds the file in some temp location but the write to downloads folder fails. changing that downloads folder location does not help. Other people on google groups are reporting same issue & linking it to latest chrome update. In my case it seems that only .exe and .msi files are being blocked. the other suspect is the most recent winodws update which ran a couple of days back.

NOt a calaibre issue anyway, I will lurk on the other threads & see if it gets diagnosed there. with my chrome - Internet Download Manager browser integration re-enabled I can download OK. the 3rd possibility is that toggling that integration setting without rebooting is having some side effect.

could be the whole issue would disappear if I did a reboot, but this PC is always busy so I reboot it only when Windows insists.

I've run scans with both MSE & Malwarebytes & both report my PC is clean. ditto for scanning the calibre.msi
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote