View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
I don't begrudge anyone the right to charge what they want for their book. It isn't a necessity. But if someone charges $14.99 for their book, I'm probably not buying it. An author is free to "this is enough money for me to make on this", but most people would charge what would bring in the maximum revenue. Multiply the total items sold by the price per item. At some point, you maximize the revenue. It's often not easy to determine what that ideal price is. Some people charge less to maximize the number or readers, and this can make sense if they are trying to get their name out there. And I have seen some authors who charge more than this ideal price because it makes them feel cheap to charge a lesser amount, even if it brings in greater total revenue. It seems like foolish pride to me, but it's not my business.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote