View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
I voted no. Why not donate money to Project Guttenberg or manybooks.net instead. I am sure that they need the funds more than Ms. Rowling needs a PRS-500.
Unquestionably correct, from a financial standpoint. This isn't about money. It's about drawing attention to the possibilities of eBooks, from an author who could make a huge difference in the field.

I would have considered Gutenberg or Manybooks as the charity recipient (or Bookshare.org, for that matter), but I deliberately chose a charity that I know Ms. Rowling has been interested in previously.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote