View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
I'd like to have a German-French dictionnary.

So first question : as it's not implemented for now in the Glo, is it possible to add one, if yes, by what means ?
I did some thoughts on this there. From the working steps mentioned there, I finished step 1. For several reasons I did not step 2.

Quote:
Second question : if the answer to the first question is no, as I set the main language of my Glo to "French" and as the Glo as a built-in German-English dictionnary, is it possible to have, at least, a german-to-english translation with French kept set as main language ?

I don't want to buy a german speaking book if I can't look for words I don't understand...
Judging from past experience, the access of dictionaries is independent of the main language. If you cannot access the German-English dictionary it should be a problem with installing/managing. (As you see from my previous posts I am having a problem here myself.)

Quote:
I don't want to buy a german speaking book if I can't look for words I don't understand...
You could simple download a German epub from www.gutenberg.org and test the German to English dictionary.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote