View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I would think that would depend on why they were returned. With most reputable stores, if an items is returned just because the purchaser decided they didn't want it, it will be tested (to make certain it is in saleable working order) and then packaged and sold.
Actually, my understanding is that you can not sell something as new if it has been sent to another customer first. This is why Apple, Dell, HP all have a refurbished section on their websites. The refurbs could be either an item someone returned that they didn't want, or one that was exchanged as broken and fixed/clean/etc (truly refurbished).

If someone finds out Amazon is selling 30 day returns as new units I think there would be quite an uproar. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kindle refurb store come up sometime in the future.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote