View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #368
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by beej231 View Post
I saw a Youtube video for loading the ICS interface without rooting which I did and it worked out fine. I can choose between the ICS launcher or the tired Kindle book shelves. Of course the kid (it's almost all kids doing these videos) recommended that you DO root your device to get more "functionality."

My question is, what does the Kindle Fire lack in functionality? Is it just the broader choice of apps that is attractive or is there something the Fire is missing. I haven't found anything that I needed to do that I couldn't do but I'm a casual user. What's lacking?

Thoughts?
Barb
I don't know about Ice cream sandwich but I use Go! Launcher and really like it. It gives me a normal Android home screen that I can use widgets with. I can better organize my apps and it takes just a tap to switch back to Amazon's Launcher. The only issue is the wallpaper defaults to the Amazon's but I just ignore it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote