Thread: Content Rising Kindle eBook prices.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #31
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I have another thing I was wondering about with ebooks. I have a lot of very special (to me) books that are not in ebook format (any format) at all.

The Dragonlance books are a classic example. The latest set of three are available but not the classics. I wonder if this is because when Amazon brings out an ebook it has to be priced lower than the cheapest book, and if thats causing publishers not to bother?

The Vampire Diaries are the latest example of this, books 5 and 6 are already out, book 7 is a pre order at over £8.00 but books 1-3 (not sure whats happened to 4) are pre orders for the end of October at £3.50 or less.

I know generally we all agree new release ebook prices can be expensive but if the back issue books are going to be priced cheaply its not really an incentive to publishers to bring them out.

I would pay good prices for the books I am trying to replace.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote