View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #15
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
I wouldn't lose too much sleep over this or let it scare you away from ebooks. You have to tell yourself will you really read most of the books that you have on your device again in your lifetime? Probably not. I have books in paper form that I read once and never touched again. This is probably true for 90% of my books. Unless you had some sort of dream that you were going to give your reader away to a relative when you die, I see no worries.
you should have my memory...i can pretty much read anything again and it's almost like a new book

But seriously (to the OP)
I agree about a lot of what you said. Which is why I refused to buy an ereader for so long, despite my habit of moving countries every few years. But fortunately for me, I *love* classics. So I decided it was worth the money to buy the ereader and not buy ebooks (generally...not that I am saying I will never ever buy an ebook)....just get the classics for free... There are so many thousands of books available which are now public domain....that's what made having an ereader worthwhile in my case....

But since you've already bought lots of kindle books, you have to make a choice to follow the law, or to get the rights you think are fair by de-DRMing them. Personally, I would have made that decision before investing the money, but that's just cause i'm cheap...cheepcheepcheep. Which is maybe why I love birds [OT].
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote