View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #15
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I no longer blame calibre for the problem. After being told what FAT meant and me telling him the file names of stuff on the disc, it became apparent (to him) that the problem was with the SD card. I copied all the stuff from the card onto my external hd (the laptop's is small and nearly full) and reformatted to FAT32.

Last night I managed to find an old archived version of the Sony software I had before recently updating. I liked that version: 2.5.00.09170; it's now up and running again. I posted more about this in the software management board.

Lots of thanks everyone. I'm not decrying calibre, it's great for conversion, but has a steep learning curve. It really messed up my collections, creating categories which didn't make sense. The sony version I now have is nice and low tech.

BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote