View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #24
enrigonz
enrigonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire |iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
This isn't Highlander; there can be more than one.

A centralized 'ecosystem' is the last thing some consumers want.
But for most people, is exactly what they want, if I were to ask most of my circle of friends and family which they prefer, the majority of them will want an iOS system for that simple reason. I have an iPad 2 and I can understand why, "it just works", no need to tinker, jailbreak/unroot, etc.

I'm a 41 year old geek, had computers since 1982 (Commodore Vic-20), I have always "messed" with computers, building my own systems, changing things around (modding), with my iPhones and Androids, the same. Now I've gotten to the point were I really don't want to mess with anything, I just want it to work and I want for it to offer me a "system" that I can just stick to without having to modify it in any way.

I really don't care which way either tablet goes but at the moment it looks like the Kindle has the upper hand in many aspects. I bought the Fire about a month ago thinking I could use it and return it if it failed short of doing what's expected from a 7" tablet and so far is the one device that gets the most use from me.
enrigonz is offline   Reply With Quote