View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
tjung
tjung began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Content Server Problems

I have had problem with the last few versions of Calibre and the content server and Stanza. The problem is that more often than not Stanza does not see the Calibre server on the local LAN. I can connect just fine with the web side and never have a problem with that. When I or my wife try and use our iPhones with Stanza to download books it often simply never connects. I have upped the timeout in Stanza to 2 minutes. I also have the server set to autostart when Calibre starts. So it isn't an issue of it not running or it timing-out on me.

More often than not I have to open and close Calibre 4+ times before Stanza will finally connect. It does actually connect so the setup is correct the problem is that it doesn't do it reliably.

I am running Window 7 64-Bit with all the latest Windows updates. I am using Calibre 0.7.44 I am running the latest version of Stanza v3.0.3 for the iPhone. I am running iOS 4.2.1 on the iPhone 4. As far as I can tell I am running the latest most up to date version of all the software I am using in this chain.

Any ideas why this might be an issue or how to resolve it would appreciated. I would be more than happy to run it in debug mode when I am having this problem if you just tell me what info from the debug you need to help track this down if it is a problem with Calibre.

Last edited by tjung; 02-08-2011 at 12:29 AM.
tjung is offline   Reply With Quote