View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDavies View Post
It works well except for the 650's new ability to create and edit collections on the device. As an experiment I created a new collection on the 650 call "To read" and added a couple of books to it. I thought Calibre would read the 650 database and pick up this new collection and add the "To Read" tag to test books in it's library but this hasn't happened.
If you're editing collections on the reader itself then you don't have calibre set to Automatic Management (see attached). Not having it set to Automatic Management allows you to edit collections on your device but there will be no syncing of tags between the device and the reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDavies View Post
Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I just don't think calibre will do what you want it to do. Personally it is easier in the long run to set it to automatic and edit any collections you want in calibre. By default calibre creates collections for Sony via tags and series fields but you can create a custom column called collections (or whatever name you like) and use that column to create collections by replacing tags in the device interface plugin (see attached).

Setting it to automatic and creating collections in the calibre library means when your device hiccups and loses all collections recreating your device library with collections is as simple as reconnecting your reader to calibre.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sendtodevice.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	59093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Device_interface_plugin.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	59096  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote