Thread: ePub Cover Page
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
If ADE handled the (optional) guide element, you could specify the cover in that, and leave the cover out of the flow in the spine. Then ADE could get the cover for library display, but start the book at the first page, rather than the cover.

Unfortunately, ADE currently ignores the guide items completely and yes, it does just use the first item in the spine as the cover.

No, there isn't a way around this that confirms to the ePub standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chang View Post
Maybe my question goes under this thread.

Am I right that if I want to have a cover from a real book for my ebook, I need to have xhtml file as my first page and that xhtml file contains just an image of my book cover? For example, in Adobe DE there is a small cover picture next to the author and title. Is it always the same as the first page of my ebook? Is it possible to have book cover in the small picture frame without creating xhtml file with the same picture and keep it as a first page in the ebook. Maybe a bit hardly explained but I hope you get my point
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote