View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #6
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thank you both for your contrasting replies. I'm assuming that mjhudston is referring to the fact that it doesn't show up on the network map in Windows (or other OS equivalent), and that Valentin means that the router (or network software interface) sees it as a network device. Please correct me if I'm assuming wrong on either. I know that Vista does not see my Kindle at all when it builds the network map, but my router sure knows it's there, allowing me to track its traffic, block it, label it as an intruder, etc. That's what I was referring to.

Thanks again, both of you.
spot on, sorry for the confusion.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote