View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #58
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Now it gets interesting

In the UK this is going to shake things up. I love my Sony 505, and my efforts at the moment are centred around justifying and importing a red 600. But $1.99 surcharge or not, this can only be good news for eBooks.

My big fear is that someone (Apple?) actually gets a tablet right, and these expensive eInk readers fall by the wayside, and our retinas are back to being fried alive. I think this move makes that less likely, and I'm stunned at the figures Amazon are quoting for Kindle editions versus dead tree versions.

Exciting times!

amjb
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote