View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The , = multiple authors is not going to change because a lot of ebooks still use commas for multiple authors. So is you tend to use those types of books, you would be annoyed that calibre doesn't map commas to multiple authors
hm, i understand what you mean, but why not leave the commas, as they can also suggest multiple authors ? or leave whatever has been manually entered (like, if the meta data already has a comma, it stays a comma, but if it has an ampersand it stays an ampersand) ? it's not a huge deal though.

Quote:
As for 3, this again depends on usage patterns. FOr instance, I usually add the first format, then download the cover using librarything. Now when fresh formats are added later, I would not want the downloaded cover to be overwritten.
yes, sometimes (often) i add my own cover manually as well if there is none or i don't like the included cover. but it could be nice to have a manual option to extract a new cover : it wouldn't happen automatically, but you could propose to upload a new cover *or* extract it from a file.

Quote:
The rest of them I have no problems with. In fact I believe there is already a ticket for extending autocomplete to authors and publisher.
great ! thanks !!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote