View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #78
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Yes, I've asked...
(I now see that my links to my blog posts regarding this issue are not visible on my copy...)
First is the one where I saw the "problem" with Amazon.fr :
http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...different.html

Then I asked (twice) and blogged about the two answers :

First answer :
Quote:
In answer to your mail, here are some informations about DRMs and ouravailable ebook selection. The publishers choose whether they would like a DRM to be applied on their ebooks.
There are no limits to the number of times a title can be downloaded on a Kindle or Kindle Application. However, there can exist a limit regarding the number of Kindles or Kindle applications on wich a title can be available at the same time (usually 6).
If that limit is less than 6 (bold mine) Kindle or Kindle applications, you'll see the message "Maximum simultaneous devices : up to X depending on the publisher's limits" on the detailed description page on Amazon.fr 's Kindle Store.
After asking a second time, they only answered (in addition to links to the Terms of Service/EULAs) that they had forwarded my comment to the appropriate department.
Lastly, they included an email address (kindle-votre-avis@amazon.fr) where I could send further remarks.

That was before the ES and IT stores opening, so I think now that this decision is indeed a decision and no bug, hence my irritation.

Lastly, Bragelonne (one of our Publishers) had a meeting with Amazon, and got some hand waving leading them to go with DRMs (while their stance so far had been to go without)...
(I'll have to translate that one, sorry...)

So, three times asked about it, three times no answer...
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote