View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunty View Post
I would be glad to know if this answer comes up as well. I suspect there will be no joy for LIT as the Microsoft reader is so 'fussy' on the PC. Try doing anything with Firefox for example and eventually you will have to give up and use the dreadful IE. This includes sites like Fictionwise which will just tell you your reader is not activated if you try to download a Secure Microsoft Reader book through Firefox.

I am afraid windows will probably be the answer for a while. The good news is that Parallels runs windows really well on a mac.

Pete
If that's all we need MSIE for (that and Windows update) we are doing well.

That said, do not update your reader's firmware on a copy of Windows running under Parallels. Always use a true copy of Windows. You do not want the USB port emulation to brick your reader if it's not functioning like it should.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote