Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #75
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I tested this on a Glo. The menu installs fine, I can tap various menu entries, which will be highlighted then. Nothing else happens.
You see me speechless. Edit: After a second thought, I think this might indicate that this failure is not device specific, but that I might have made a mistake when making the final package (after testing!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
As the Pinhole procedure or other ways for a factory reset won't work, I'm kind of stuck now with a useless device. I've bravely taken the risk, but sadly no award for me

Edit: If the device is turned off, it still shows the menu. If you tap the screen, no menu entry will be highlighted. Make sure the device is turned off, hold the light button, while pushing and holding the power button. This will cause a factory reset. In my case the device only resets, while pressing the buttons during a startup. This was a fast debricking!
I am glad you succeeded. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited by tshering; 03-01-2014 at 08:22 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote