View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #12
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Honestly, to me the strangest part is that plugging in the USB seems to make a difference. It makes me wonder that it's stuck in some sort of a loop that's interrupted by sensing the USB is connected not simply processing something that is taking a long time.

Unless the USB has some higher priority and causes the other task to terminate or shift into a background mode and it continues to run in the background while the reader appears to now be working normally for the user?

I mentioned above that I had a similar rebooting problem with my Android phone... In my case the phone will boot almost completely, sometimes several times, and I've also found it's much more likely to reboot properly if it's plugged into a charger when it happens. Really has me wondering if it's anecdotal, or if not, why it makes a difference. The funny part is that Android is also built on Linux so one wonders at the "coincidence."
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote