View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #138
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarizt View Post
I bought the Aura and I love it. The T1 with more battery life and glowlight would be great, but the frontlit screen on the Aura makes it a no contest over the T1 for me.

Things come out so fast now I find it's better when I just pull the trigger and get what I really want instead of waiting forever for something that might not come out.
That's the eternal curse of consumer electronics... if you save your money for the next, marginally cooler gadget (or wait for the current coolest one to drop in price), there will always be something better coming up over the horizon. This goes for phones, graphics cards, tablets, and of course readers

I am, however, content to wait this one out. My prs-650 is perfectly serviceable, and as I haven't yet used a front-lit e-ink device for any appreciable amount of time, it's not a feature I would ditch my older device for. If Sony does launch a decent front-lit device, though, that will probably be enough of a selling point that I would buy one
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote