Thread: ebook manager
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
smoker
smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
ebook manager, Solution found

Dear all,

I am trying to set up a TF101 tablet (with android ICS) to use as ebook reader for my mother and since she is computer illiterate I am trying to make it as simple as possible. Since we do not live in the same country I am trying to make it as simple as possible for her so I am trying to find a way to sync books from afar. So far so good, since there are many apps to do that but here starts my problem. Eventually I realized that I have a lot of books and eventually I will send her more so I need somehow to categorize them so she will access them easier than scrolling to a huge list of books. I found out that Mantano reader supports categories but as far as I can tell only manually. the same goes with most ebook readers that I know. I suppose a work around would be tagging but due to the different formats and many files I would prefer to avoid that (not to mention that tags usually do not show up nicely (like in shelves) on the ebook reader)

Is there a way, an app or something that will allow me to sync books directly to categories on the tablet? or create multiple shelves? For example to have a folder "cooking" and a folder "literature" on the tablet and on dropbox (for example) and sync to the tablet and show up immediately on their respective categories on the ebook reader? or any other application?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by smoker; 02-11-2013 at 10:33 AM.
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote