View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #21577
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Because you're appreciating her for her mind? (She is rumored to have a very high IQ.)
That must be what it is... but... then... why did I like Annette?

Quote:
There was a reason I was asking. My wife is always complaining of spider bites, while I never notice them. Some people react stronger to certain stimuli than others, especially if they're allergic.
I've NEVER felt a spider bite me. But I blow up like a balloon from them. I'll get a lump the size of a golf ball, with two very distinct 'fang' holes in the center. If I'm not mistaken, most spider venom has anesthetic qualities to it. And as the fangs are so thin and short, you really don't feel them when they puncture the skin. Mosquitoes, on the other hand, inject an extremely HOT anti-coagulating liquid, and it's the heat of the sting that we feel, rather than the puncture itself.

Quote:
I think if I were ever captured by the evil ones, I could hold up under a good deal of torture; but if they brought in a dentist I'd tell them everything they wanted to know and a few things they didn't.
Back in the day, when I went to the doctor to get spayed, I asked him how many nurses he had. He said 'one.' I said 'that's not enough to hold me down because of the pain.' The doctor replied ' Oh, but I give you a local anesthetic shot first.' I said "that's what you'll need them to hold me down for!"

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote