View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Northstar View Post
I joined the forums to ask about exactly this same problem, except that I'm using the Find&replace feature of the metadata editor... and if it doesn't find my group in a filename it returns the entire name instead of an empty string; i.e. my regex of
Code:
.*? \((.+?)-(\d+)\)
Applied to
  • The Yellow Admiral
  • Master and Commander (aubrey-1)
  • Heart of the West
returns:
  • The Yellow Admiral
  • aubrey [1]
  • Heart of the West
as the series.

Obviously this is sub-optimal, as in completely useless, so I'd be very grateful for some help.
Series is a PITA
You need to do it as 3 passes.
Pass 1 sets JUST the series name
Pass 2 sets the Series_index

Pass 3 consumes the Series and Series index, leaving the remainder in the title
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote