View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
I believe you will find that most chargeable battery systems operate the same way.

If you take an external charger and it's designed batteries you will find that most will go back to a "charge in progress status" from a "fully charged" status when the battery is removed and placed back in the charger. It depends on the charging circuitry and what is used to manage the charge.

As long as the performance is ok (20+ hours of use) I wouldn't worry too much about the status indicator.

As for battery life with both the ALP and the JB I have found that the life depends on what you ask of the device.

If you do a lot of (I call it mucking around) with the unit it is more labour intensive than just reading a book. If you sit there and open/close books, move them around, listen to background music while reading or give a friend an overview of it capabilities you will find that you use more battery power than just reading and the up time will be a little shorter than normal.

John

Last edited by jlg432; 08-16-2010 at 02:42 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote