View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #85
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
How do the glow screens affect battery life? Still able to read for a few hours at a time for several days before needing a recharge?
Surprisingly the light seems to have almost no impact on battery life. I use the light ON on my Kobo Glo all the time and likely 2-4 hours/day reading and download 2 newspapers/day (about 3 Mb each) over wifi and I can get >2 weeks out of it even when just sleeping it when not in use (rather than turning it off).
I don't usually read in total darkness so I really didn't care about the light when I got it (more looking for higher res and speed), but having had a front-lit screen I don't think I would go back at this point. Under really bright conditions it doesn't matter, but in the evenings it helps cut out shadows etc. on the screen and makes for a nicer experience.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote