Thread: PRS-650 Affordable Case Sony
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 09:53 AM   #13
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Thank you for all the tips and comments. We make a dedicated choice to put the strap on the right. Please check the picture below.

Works just the same when attached to the other side...

Click image for larger version

Name:	455360836_tp.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	68669

Name:	455360777_tp.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	68670

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordeater View Post
I have the straps on my Oberon cover with my 650. (Oberon for the 600)
I dislike the straps, and it's compounded by the 650 needing the lower left hand strap relocated to match the one on the lower RH side. I also wish the Oberon cover was a 'drop in style instead. I have had the Oberon cover about a month now and I am not overly impressed by it. I guess that puts me in the minority. I wish I'd seen one in advance.
A friend of mine has a 'drop-in' style cover for her Kobo, and I think that functionally, it a superior rig. The inside finish of it is much nicer than my Oberon also, IMO.
I wish Oberon would just alter the 600 case to PROPERLY fit the 650. The changes required would be real MINOR. If I was to do it again, I would delete the wool insert and the straps. I believe the day will come where I'll affect the changes to my Oberon that it needs. The one strap really bugs me.

The internal magnetic closure design on the Sony covers is a great feature in my thinking. No flap.

I also don't think the strap covering the SD card is all that bad. I've had mine pop out, and a strap covering it would have prevented that.

WE

With regard to what I see of the Gecko covers, I like them. Black for me.
There are perfectly well made covers for other brands/models that come with the best of features combined. This is i.e. one cover I really love. Bought it for my Italica.

It has the magnets incorporated in the cover. The inside is lined with suede. It is as pleasant for the eye as it is to the touch.

If I had a 650 it probably go with the Noreve covers. They have a clip-in system that looks pretty slick. Even though there is a flap it is on the correct side and will not interfer.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	copper-coverth.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	68671  
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote