View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #16
mhikl
Enthusiast
mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mhikl once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod touch
Thanks for the great info, Hitch. I only like to read in Stanza. The iBook iStinks. I have been reading ebooks since the late 90’s using my Dad’s old Palms. I loved the m500 and then I bought the Palm TX which was my nirvana ereader until the touch came along.

If BV means Book View, that is where I live on Sigil. I can’t get my head round the cody stuff. And I tried the left of image to centre things (images and text) til my fingers bleed and still, on my touch gen 2, not one picture has ever come centred, no text centres, either – other than Headings, which seem only to centre. (At one time I thought one image did centre, but it turned out the picture was large and only looked centred.)
And about learning CSS, I think different (not necessarily in the Mac way). I have a very fuzzy logic mind that refuses to understand this stuff. I’ve cried rivers over this handicap, believe me. I get answers I can’t explain which drives my sig other crazy.

In Sigil, I’ve tried copying things and pasting things that centred other things and Sigil, like a patient nanny, puts everything back in perfect disorder. Gotta lover ‘er.

I sort of understand (my brain tries hard) that Sigil is not perfect WYSISYG, but, darn it all, visually it looks to be so and I am truly a visual artist (artist in my dreams at least).

I will look for Jutoh at some point but at the moment I am not at the point yet, to give up. Feisty is my birth rite, I’m afraid. Ain’t a thing I can do about it. It’s like trying to make a woman think like a man or a man think like a woman. Can’t change the genes. – Not everyone agrees in my house, but, no, I’m always in big trouble due to this disorder. Philistine (my better half) has told me so herself and “there’s to be no more quarrelling in this house I tell you”. (Not my words but I know them by heart.)

But I have a plan, Hitch. I have devised a dusty ebook Template, simple as can be. I am going to start a New Thread and begin posting there. I hope you will take a look and see if it is viable. Professor Sigil suggested I do so when I asked if there were templates to use to get the perfect book off.

Really appreciate your help.

And Toxaris and theducks, ye are flying way beyond my vision. I feel like Sebastion Dinwiddle in “Who’s on First?”

Namaste,
mhikl

I'll post the Template thread when I get back from walking Sadie.

Last edited by mhikl; 12-16-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typo
mhikl is offline   Reply With Quote