Thread: What bugs you
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
There was a TV series in the '70s (?) where they measured time in parsecs.

"It won't ruin a book for me though."

Same here. But I like words. And sometimes how they are used makes me flinch.

Examples -
A plastic cased radio on sale "Titanium Radio". Titanium sounds good, so it must be a good radio.
Grand Opening is supposed to be a special event. Special discounts, food, entertainment. Something of a celebration. Instead it now means - "We're open".
Even the word "special" has lost the meaning of "better than ordinary". It can now mean mentally handicapped or physically disabled.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote