View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #6
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
If you're interested only because you want to turn that HTML into ePub or Mobi (and not for working on a website), Sigil is multi-platform, open source and has a split view of both code and preview. Though, technically, it could be considered an XHTML editor...
I have Sigil, and am relatively new to it. But I hadn't really been thinking of it as primarily a general editing application because it's not really a general text manipulator that can open lots of file types. Though it does well with ePub and (x)HTML intended for books. And has both character mode and regex mode search/replace.

I was interested more in terms of recommending applications/tools to new users of calibre that they might find useful. Already had Sigil high on that list. Thanks for the reminder, made me think about its regex capability.

(I read somewhere around here that some writers actually use Sigil to write their books.)

Last edited by unboggling; 08-28-2011 at 07:33 AM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote