View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 PM   #24
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
A very close vote with less than a half day left!

Regarding the worries about finishing a work on time, there isn't really an "on time". There is a day that we'll start the discussion, but if it takes one longer then that's fine. One can post in the discussion thread even months later if one wants or needs to. I'm still reading Anna Karenina for the general book club months after it was the selection - and plan on posting in the discussion thread for it once I'm done.

I know that most people will still want to finish a selection by the start of discussion, including me, but especially with a category like this month's where the goal is to choose a work we otherwise might not want to undertake because of its length or difficulty, it may take people longer.

As to the choices, I'm interested in all five! A great thing for me about these nominations is that it gets me interested in so many of the choices - which is also a hard thing since I can't read them all at once.
It's good to know that there isn't a time limit for the discussion! I probably should have realised that when I noticed that there are still interesting posts about our last selection still being made.

I agree completely about the intellectual stimulus and expansion of interest one gets from the variety of nominations--in fact, as I said earlier, I would never have read TM&M if I had not joined this club. BTW this is the first book club of this type that I have ever been a member of. It is an enjoyable experience.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 06-29-2011 at 07:01 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote