View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Kindle PW - Unable to Open

When my Kindle PW arrived I copied all the books I had on my K4 across to the KPW. They were all in mobi format, converted using Calibre, and side loaded using Calibre Send to Device.

I have had no issues reading these books.

Yesterday I found some new books I wanted which were in epub. I used Calibre to convert to mobi, sent to device via Calibre and then when I tried to open them they gave me an error message along the lines of, "Unable to open file. If bought from Amazon download again"

I have since mucked around and re-converted these books to AZW3, changed a few preferences and can now open them.

Given that I still use within the household a Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4 and the PW, can somebody please advise what settings I should use as default to ensure a more consistent result without making changes each time I plug in a different Kindle device.

What has me stumped is why did all the books I had previously converted and transferred worked but the new one's didn't?

I am using latest version of Calibre 0.9.5.

If it makes it easier I don't really need covers (I use list view) or fancy fonts, as long as I can read it I'm happy.

Thanks.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote