View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #176
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by erpel View Post
I ran across an odd case in which k2pdfopt recognizes a third region in a regular 2 col layout. This third region spans across the entire width along the bottom of the page.
The document I tried to convert is located here: www.cs.ucf.edu/~jjl/pubs/ICSE0289.pdf, page 8 is a good example.
Varying -crgh (specifically, making it larger) doesn't help in this case, but it should. I would call this a bug, actually. I'll look into it. For now, if you use -m 0.5 to chop off the page numbers, the columns are correctly separated all the way down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erpel View Post
I am wondering, what to the green markers in between paragraphs in the -sm output mean exacly?
The green lines mark blank areas that are large enough that they are considered to separate contiguous regions. k2pdfopt will not try to wrap text across green lines, for example.

Thanks for the kind words. I had not heard of flattr.com--interesting concept. If people ask how to give me money I usually just tell them to give it to their favorite charity or some other open software project that needs it.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote