View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #22
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Yeah, I know how the Kindle 1 does it. I've had one for a year. I just don't see the difference between gauging how far you've read by the thickness of a book versus the progress meter. Both work just fine for me.

Mike
You can tell % through the book the same, but you don't have a sense of how many pages you have left on the K1 since the progress bar is the same length on the book page regardless of length of the book.

i.e., you know you're half way through, but can't tell if you have 100 pages or 500 pages left just by glancing at the progress bar. You have to know how many locations there are, and unfortunately it doesn't list that like the K2.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote