View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #15
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
The bug is in Sigil-0.9.3 when you add any existing file (such as an audio file) somethign causes the metadata to be rewritten. I will tack down what and get it fixed for the next release.
Interesting. Would it help if, say, I went back to my last valid EPUB2 version, then add in the audio file (and the code for that, of course), and even though that "invalidates" the EPUB2, then convert it from there to EPUB3, and see what happens?

Actually, if only out of curiosity, I'll try that -- certainly it would be nice if that does then "instantly" convert my book flawlessly.

[EDIT: What the heck is wrong with me today??? That IS what you said to do -- d'oh. That's the second time today. ]

Oh, and before doing that, I'll first fix all those other things that were giving me errors (re width, align, etc.), plus all those SVG warnings I got, of course. That's interesting, too, re your explanation of the latter -- I couldn't understand the reference to the "SVG link," since what they were pointing to were just plain HTML links, but I guess all those warning messages relate to links that point to an SVG image. That's where epubcheck should tell me the error is -- not in any/all links pointing to that.

Did I inadvertently find a bug in epubcheck, too?

Last edited by Psymon; 03-05-2016 at 06:59 PM.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote