View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #1
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
EPUB2 to EPUB 3 errors

I recently reinstalled Sigil, and discovered in the process that there's now that EPUB2 to EPUB3 converter plugin -- woohoo! I had so much trouble before trying to convert one of my ebooks to EPUB3 (simply so that I could add in one little audio file) that I finally gave up on it. :/

That plugin is great, though! I still ended up with a ton of errors, but I just finished going through them all one-by-one and correcting them all. Now I've finally got my ebook validating with NO errors -- although this is before I add in that little audio file, mind you -- but I still have a 289 "warnings," virtually all of which seem to be this one:

Quote:
SVG hyperlinks should have a human-readable title (using the 'title' child element or the 'xlink:title' attribute)
I have absolutely NO idea what this means -- even after searching all over the 'net for an answer. It would seem that all the errors arise wherever I have plain old HTML links (i.e. <a href="whatever">), but I'm clueless how to fix this.

Or should I just simply ignore these "warnings"?

So that's my first question. My second question arises from when I add in the audio file, which is basically just this line of code...

Code:
<audio controls="controls" src="../Audio/tombowling.mp3" style="text-align:center; width:100%;"><i>[Sorry, your device doesn’t support audio]</i></audio>
...but just that then gives me these six errors when I validate...

Quote:
ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 15, col 32):
Error while parsing file 'attribute "opf:role" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "id" or "xml:lang"'.

ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 27, col 34):
Error while parsing file 'attribute "opf:scheme" not allowed here; expected attribute "id"'.

ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 28, col 34):
Error while parsing file 'attribute "opf:scheme" not allowed here; expected attribute "id"'.

ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 10, col 47):
Error while parsing file 'assertion failed: @refines missing target id: 't1''.

ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 11, col 69):
Error while parsing file 'assertion failed: @refines missing target id: 'create1''.

ERROR (RSC-005) at "Walden_and_Beyond_epub3.epub/OEBPS/content.opf" (line 12, col 49):
Error while parsing file 'assertion failed: @refines missing target id: 'create1''.
I haven't the slightest idea what any of that means -- at least, I know what the content.opf file is, but what is it that I'm supposed to do to fix this?

Thanks so much in advance (and as always -- I'm so grateful for these forums!). It would be so cool if I can finally get this converted!

Last edited by Psymon; 03-05-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote