View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #124
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Should perform just as normal. You should put the PW to sleep though when you are done reading for a while. With ~ds the only way to put the PW to sleep is by making it go to white screen sleep mode by pushing the power button for a while until screen becomes white.

The same thing can be done in KUAL with the helper extension. For enable/disable screensaver. But then if you already installed KUAL, you might as well get my Light Toggle. Then you can turn off the light, and the PW will still go to sleep after 10 minutes. (see post #116 above)
Did some tests, and when enabling ~ds the battery drains faster than with it disabled.
Battery drain in one month just showing the screen saver, is about as much, as with ~ds enabled in one week.

In one week my battery went from 100% to ~25%; while before it would run months on the screensaver (unused). In fact, I don't think I ever gotten the battery as empty as 25%.

Just letting you know guys, seems like ~ds keeps something active.
Perhaps like you say, the whole CPU unit remains on-line, while without it, the device actually goes into sleep mode.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote